Saturday, July 22, 2006

We have landed

We are here.
Whew.

Bit of a tricky landing into O'Hare. We tried to get around a huge thunderstorm. It made the landing kinda rough. But hey, now I'm that much closer to the lord and ready for the personal retreat they are sending us on tomorrow. Somewhere.

And you know what's cool? The buses here are air conditioned AND thanks to modern technology and GPS systems, the bus announces to you what street its on, and which street its presently crossing, so you know exactly when to pull the chain. (They still haven't figured out a better way to tell the driver to pull over...)

And one other final cool thing. Tonight I went for a humid, hot walk and after a while I saw little explosions in front of my eyes. I thought I was seeing things, then I thought I was having a stroke, and then I realized they were fireflies. Amazing. I've never seen fireflies before, that I can remember. Like little explosions of light, then they're gone. And all over the place too.

Thats just too cool. And it's hot enough here to need a little cool.

Off to bed. Tomorrow by 8 I have to be in class.

nite.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to solid ground.

    Glad you survived OK, including having strangers sitting in your lap and a neck-snapping seat recliner. Hope too you did sleep enough to feel fresh and ready for the day.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if firefly season is the same everywhere. It only lasts up to a few weeks so maybe if I'm lucky we'll see some at the lake.

    Hope your retreat is everything you hoped for Randall. I love these long distance updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hot enough here in P.A. to breed sheep as I'm sure it is there....no fireflies here but of course I'm not out after the sun goes down which is at 9:10 p.m., by the way.

    A squirrel made it's way over to our place yesterday and I do believe he had on his Nike's. Good thing too. Our five cats are ready for him!

    Learn lots. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randall, Wish you well and enjoy the studies to the full.
    About the fireflies.....try catching one and rub it on your skin and see if you will glow!!!! We used to try that and its fun.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.