Saturday, July 22, 2006

Highlights from a day in a cigar tube, 36,000 feet in the air.

The Canadair jets we have been in today are sweet little planes. Little does seem to be the word though. I honestly can't stand up straight in them.

Our flight attendants are named Ruby and Coco. Coco dealt with me and my pillow needs the most. She's cool, with a cool name. I don't think you could be a pastor and have a name like Coco.

I was having a nice sleep, till the lady in front of me decided to recline her chair to the far back position. She seemed to need to have this done as quickly as possible, so it wasn't a slow transition. One moment I was asleep with my head forward propped up on my hands, and the next I awoke to this jolt on the top of my head. That was when Coco came to my aid with a pillow.

Right now there's a guy standing in the aisle listening to his Ipod, with his hands in his pockets. He seems to be very tired of the cigar tube thing. Now he's doing stretching exercises, maybe pilaties, except I wouldn't recognize one if I saw it.

I am in the aisle seat, row fifteen, which for those of you unaccustomed to life in the fast lane, is right near the back. The washroom is also at the back, the only washroom. It seems that a great many people on this plane didn't go to the washroom before they left Calgary, so there is a line up back here. I'm meeting some interesting people in the bathroom line.

...now Ruby, (Who is pregnant and expecting a girl.) (I overheard it in the washroom lineup) has announced that only one person can be in the washroom line at a time, because the person coming out of the head (or is that only on boats?) can't get past all the people in line. This makes sense to me, as a few people have fallen into my lap when they try to get past.

We should arrive in about half an hour, then begins our L ride, to be followed by a bus ride and then a couple of block hike.

Glad I packed as lightly as I could.

Last night I mentioned to my sister that I had just enough underwear for the nine days trip. She replied that on her last count she had OVER A HUNDRED PAIRS OF UNDERWEAR!!!!

That's just unbelievably gluttonous. There are whole African cities that don't have undergarments for their population, and here is my sister, cornering the market.

That's about all I got, from 36,000 feet.

Bye for now

4 comments:

  1. Airplanes, theaters, busses... no one thinks to use the washroom before things begin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Randall....just a retraction, I actually counted my underwear, (curious) and I only have 92 pairs, sorry for the lie. FWIW, I am hoping to get YOUR name for Christmas this year, imagine how many new underwear I can get you with $30 and my Old Navy discount!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to mention that this is a really funny post, especially the "I don't think you could be a pastor and have a name like Coco."

    I often meet people here with wild english names that they have picked for themselves. My favourite was "Banana." I don't think you could be a pastor and have a name like Banana either.

    I'm writing this from a tropical island.
    That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But a pastor's WIFE could very cooly be named Coco....go Lauralea go!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.