Friday, July 21, 2006

Dear Lauralea

Well, I'm off to try to get a little rest before the alarm wakes me at 4:30 am. I just wanted to write and say good night and thank you.

Thank you for encouraging me to take this course. I really had my doubt's about it, but it looks like it will be good for me.

Thank you for supporting the things I do, even when they cost you something. Maybe especially when they cost you something.

I know a number of pastors whose spouses don't really support them in their work, and I know how absolutely difficult and lonely that can be.

I am deeply grateful that you are there, here, supporting, sending, blessing, and praying, even as I go off again. I know that I couldn't do the things I do, if you didn't or couldn't support me in the work. Really, I couldn't do this stuff.

I think I'll post that bit to my blog.

Yeah it's good and needful that churches have pastors, but it's even more good and more needful that churches have pastors with supporting spouses.

(Churches, love your pastor's spouses, ok?)

Thank You L.
i love you.

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree. My spouse is more strength to my ministry than many will ever know.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.