Saturday, July 29, 2006

Travel Tips For The Big City

While this isn't the case in Prince Albert, in cities much bigger the thing to remember so you are not embarrassed is, if you have to ask how much it is, YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT.

I learned that with $500 earrings, an $850 purse, and a particularly likeable orange $130 tie.

Secondly, if that girl across from you in the Gucci store has her blond hair in a pony tail, under a baseball cap, wearing large sunglasses, it may be a movie star, but not necessarily Scarlett Johansson.

Third, don"t go downtown on the hottest day of the year. Everybody else is there shopping, thinking everybody else stayed home.

When you exit the El station and realize you are walking onto a movie set, don"t make a big deal about it, just keep walking. The man did ask nicely for me to get out of the scene please, so I did.

Watch for my appearance in a comedy called Quebec. I"ll probably end up on the cutting room floor.

And finally, be prepared for there to be So. Many. People. I forgot there were so many people in the world. In all kinds of colours, cultures, sizes and models.

Hope this helps. Pictures to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I'll watch for Quebec. Did you have any speaking lines (apart from apologizing for stumbling onto the set)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve MenshenfriendJuly 30, 2006 at 1:13 AM

    The "so many people" part is what I miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed a great opportunity to make a BIG SCENE, so to speak - so big they would have used it in their film...and you could have rattled off a few lines of your french - you do have some of those to impress folks, don't you??? Not to mention that you're actually FROM Canada - an impressive fact (should they have known Quebec and Sask are in the same country, that is). Next time, and I'm sure there will be a next time, you'll just have to be a little more aggressive....like we Canadians are so noted as being ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, no speaking parts, except for "Sorry about that."

    I should have tried, "These pretzels are makin me thirsty!"

    And Steve, I hear you. Some of the things we are called to give up when we go where God askes us to go, can surprise us. I like your faithfulness though.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.