Friday, August 11, 2006

Holidays, Day Five.

We all went out for lunch today for Chinese food. This is something that you might not understand about the prairies.

The Canadian prairies are famous for each town along the highway having its own Chinese family move in and set up a restaurant of Asian delicacies. Usually they are a place of some good food.

Well today we went for some Chinese. Food that is.

They seem to have adapted to the Saskatchewan way of things nicely. Not only was there good food, but it was set up in a truly Saskatchewan style. "All You Can Eat Chinese Buffet! $6.95"

The thing that really reminded me I was in small town Sask. was the sign above the food table;

"You will be charged .25 extra for each food item left on your plate!"

I was motivated indeed.

3 comments:

  1. If only we'd known, that would have been a challenge to rise to!

    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do they charge per item taken home in your purse?! (Well, not YOUR purse, Lauralea's purse...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious and so Saskatchewan. Every time Angie & I head to Swift Current we laugh going through Kyle when passing "Heidi's Burger - Chinese Food Restaurant".

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.