Thursday, November 21, 2013

I had a thought yesterday

I had a thought yesterday
and the thought was this;

When I was a child, I couldn't wait to go to school.
When I was in school, I couldn't wait to complete grade twelve.
When I was in High School, I couldn't wait to go to college.
When I was in college, I couldn't wait to marry Lauralea.
When I was married to Lauralea, I couldn't wait for my work to get going.
When I was working, I couldn't wait for the kids we'd have and raise.
When the kids were growing, I couldn't wait for them to grow up and be out on their own.

Now at the age of fifty, I seem to be all done waiting to catch up with the future.
For the first time in life, I'm not waiting for the next step.

Honestly, a small part of me feels a little lost inside.
Is this how life goes?



And another day means another snowfall warning out here.

Snowing again



No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.