Monday, August 10, 2015

A Day Off

Feels a little lost today.
It's a day off, which is a good idea after four days and around forty hours worked.
But it feels a bit anxious. And, lost I guess.

So I'm trying to rest today, rebalance.

August is happening and well underway now and the days are getting shorter and the nights cooler. Change is in the air.

Plans need to be made. Plans to celebrate thirty years of marriage, plans for leading retreats in autumn, plans for travel, plans to care for the kids. Lots of plans needing attention. But they need to wait until we've got some clarity on other things.

I guess we've been fairly busy living life this spring and summer.
But deadlines are coming and, as I said, plans need to be made.

So on this first day off in too many weeks, I'm pressing myself to work on the plans when maybe I just need to rest a bit. Conflicting.

Straight on to our field



Instead, because its a good creative exercise for me, I'm writing a bit.
Trying not to overthink things. Trying not to worry. Trying not to pressure plan.

And maybe in a bit, I'll go feed the neighbours cats. Cause that's what I do.

Finally, a quiet day off. Now to enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.