Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine Surprise

I had this lovely surprise presented to me by a ten year old girl from church. Her and her younger brother had made them for me for Valentines Day. It was a great surprise.

That’s one of the things I love about this work, being able to care for many different ages of people. I don’t think there’s an age group that I don’t enjoy pastoring.

I enjoy it when one of the elderly guys stops in at my study door to chat, maybe drop off some veggies sent by their wives. And I love it when some of the kid’s, like a seven year old did yesterday, comes and plops themselves on the chair in my study to chat.

We shoot the breeze but I know they are there to ask for something. Yesterday after a short talk about life, he got to the point and the point was to ask for a candy I keep for such occasions. I gave one to him and one for his brother.

Yup, sometimes it’s fun doing this work.




No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.