Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Another One Done

Christmas has come and gone. New Years has come and gone. And family has come and gone. Nothing left to do but rest and recuperate.

Well, and clean up the decorations, pay some bills, start planning next Sundays service, and record daily prayers. Normal life stuff.

To say we are tired would be a bit of an understatement. To be fair, there are plenty of flu’s going around and sickness so there is more going on than just life tiredness.

Since Sunday afternoon we’ve been kind of snoozing and sleeping, morning, noon, and night. Interspersed by occasional washroom breaks and eating simple food.

But it was a great Christmas. Lots of family around and lots of the community came to the services. Many of whom I met for the first time. It was the kind of time where there is much hope for the future of the church. Makes me smile. God is at work.


The trick I am continuing to try to learn in this season, is what is health related tiredness and what is age related. It’s not easy knowing that stuff. Feels like learning new limits each week, each season.

I am realizing how stubborn I am when it comes to listening to others about slowing down a bit. Doesn’t bode well for whenever it’ll be time to think about moving out of our own place.

I may just be one of those curmudgeonly old guys who doesn’t realize when the game is up. May God have mercy on us, and our children

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.