Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Carry on, gang

Yahoo, (in the emotional sense, not in the webportal sense!)

Common sense lives on to fight another day...
dave-fu writes "This just in: webcasters can breathe a sigh of relief as common sense and good taste has won out over stuffed suits and greased pockets--CARP has been rejected. If you weren't aware of it, CARP would have imposed exorbitant fees on webcasters, effectively killing webcasting radiostations, or at least preventing them from playing all (American) copyrighted music."

I confess I've been nervous about this one. I live in a part of the world where good radio is sparse and most of the AM stations play Country (and I'm not always sure which country!!). Now, I love radio, so the introduction of radio stations on the net was to me a blessing from above.

I went out and purchased a small transmitter from Radio Shack, then I plugged it into my soundcard and, there you go, Friesen FM is on the air!

I tune in a radio station over the internet or I play my CD's Mp3's etc. and presently am able to broadcast with a range of about 4 houses. That means any radio or stereo in my home or yard can pick up good radio from around the world, and I love it.

Our favorites are BBC 3, BBC 4, Classic FM, Premier Christian Radio, Cnet Radio, Moody Broadcasting, and so on. The kids like Kids Radio,

So much good radio, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.