Thursday, December 19, 2002

Party at the Pastor's

I'm Tired, beat, knackered (if that's how you spell it!) and generally pooped.

We've been getting ready for our open house tomorrow, cleaning, fixing, baking, baking, and baking some more. I think every night for the past 7 nights have involved some kind of baking, and I should confess that it's all Lauralea's baking, not mine!

I've been washing the walls, vacuuming, and tonight, if you can handle the picture, I've been cleaning behind the toilet. Yup, she sparkles now. The kids don't often clean behind there, so Laura or I (Mostly I because she's vertically challenged and so can't reach back there ... she says ...) get back there once and a while.

Ah, it's ok. I get a clean bathroom, Lauralea gets all her baking done before Christmas, and we have a party! It's usually a pretty good time too. Lot's of people, cider, sweets and cheeseballs.

This year I'm going to try to get a fire going in our new fire pit for the evening so people can be out there too if they want. Last year it was around -26 C and very cold, but this year looks like a temp of around -7 C, nice. I've just got to convince them not to park in the alley near the pit but rather park on the street, that way there'll be lots of room for everyone, and no cars will get ashes on them.

So, if you're in or near Prince Albert, Sask. tomorrow between 6pm and 9pm, do stop in, really, I mean it, come and join the fun.

But, if you're far away and wish you were here, just click on http://www.friesenworld.com/ and I'll try to have the webcam up and running a new shot every minute. That way you can see what is happening, at least in our basement anyway.

It's all quiet and I should be off to bed. Here's a live shot of our Christmas Tree Cam ....

Christmas Tree Cam


See you tomorrow
g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.