Wednesday, April 30, 2003

How do you know what purple is?

Some of our musicians want to explore different worship experiences and I've encouraged them to plan something for the church.

I crashed the meeting today.

I realized again just how difficult it can be, to plan something new, when all you know is the old.

So I was a bit of a pain in the rump-roast, because I wanted them to go deeper, think bigger, and (forgive me please,) to think outside the box.

But, how do you know what heaven is like, if you've only known earth? How do you know what purple is if you've always been blind? How do you know what chicken soup tastes like, if you've only known beef? How do you know Bach or Bono, if you've always been deaf?

How do you go places you've never been, but you suspect and hope that some of what you long for, is over there.

How do you run a revolution, or a reformation.

It's really hard work, and I respect them and appreciate that they're willing to do the work needed.
May God speak and lead and direct our paths, even though it can sometimes be just plain hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.