Sunday, May 25, 2003

Bruce Almighty

Andrew Careaga's blog, bloggedyblog was talking the other day about the movie called Bruce Almighty. He says;



Searching the blogs, I haven't found much about the theology behind the latest Jim Carrey vehicle, Bruce Almighty, which opens this weekend. We bloggers go on and on and on about the theology behind The Matrix and its veiled references to a deity, but apparently we don't have much to say about a flick that portrays God in a much more obvious fashion.

For a better look at the theology behind the movie, go straight to the source: the director. That's what ChristianAnswers.net did with an insightful interview with director Tom Shadyac:.

"I think that one of the challenges of the church is to accept humanity for all it is. And I as a filmmaker am not going to deny that. I think it's important to acknowledge that we are imperfect. If you followed some standards today, you couldn't even read your Bible. I mean the Bible is chocked-full of some racy stuff, folks. There is a lot of sexual impropriety, there's a lot of violence, and all kind of things. But the point of the Bible is that it's not about a moment, its about the entire journey. Because if the Bible hadn't ended where it ended, it be a pretty downer of a book. But it ends with redemption..."



Check it out, and thanks Andrew.

1 comment:

  1. If you are willing to buy real estate, you would have to receive the credit loans. Moreover, my father always utilizes a term loan, which seems to be really reliable.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.