Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Holy Ground

 


Either a huge coincidence or there is a God and he does intervene!


Today I'm holding clearly onto the second.
Yesterday I got a distressing call from a lady from church. She and a few of her children were rushed out of Somalia a few years ago and her husband and daughter didn't arrive to where she was at, in time to make the trek out with them. They have been separated ever since. Her husband and her daughter (age 11) are dirt poor, begging and living on the street.

Yesterday she called me with the news she had just received, that her daughter was beaten up and had been missing for three weeks. She was very upset, her husband didn't know where to look anymore and he had to be careful too at the paramilitary groups driving around looking for people of his background.

All I could say was let's pray. We are trying to bring them over, but yesterday it was just a feeling of helplessness, and all we could do was call to God for help.

Well, not even 24 hours later she calls me (While I was mowing the lawn) and reports that she just got a call from Somalia. Her daughter had been beaten up and put in a hospital for a week. I understand one of the nurses took her home to care for her. She found out who her mom was, and called this morning.

From the other side of the world, the connection is made, some relief is offered, and God cares.


 



Take off your shoes, this is Holy Ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.