Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Laugh again

Hey, if life is a bit difficult at the moment and you could use a laugh, you need to check out this blog called, "My Two Second Shelf Life" It's very funny.


Here's a piece of it, and read it outloud, it helps:



I shouted at my mother today on my cellphone and feel terribly guilty.
See, I'm headed over there shortly to clean her carpets for her. She has called me a number of times to ask what time I'll be there. I have ignored 2 of those calls because I know what she's going to say:
"Ven are yu kamink? Tell me a time. About vat time?"
Every time I've spoken to her, I have told her....in the late afternoon.
My mother is hyper-punctual and she needs to know exactly when I'll be there.
Not because she's going anywhere.
Not because there are people coming over.
Because she's neurotic about time.
It's like she's got this little timer in her head that goes off at intervals that only she understands.
So, anyway.
I answered my cellphone while I was walking around Costco looking for carpet cleaning solution.
I still had a number of stops to make before I could go home and unload everything and then get ready to head over to her house.


Mom: "Ven ar yu kamink?"
Me: "Later this aftenoon, Ma"
Mom: "Vat time?"
Me: "I don't know Ma, when I'm finished everything. Why? Are you going out?"
Mom: "MMMMMMaaaayyyybbbeee....."
Me: "Well, if you go out, call me on my cell and let me know."
Mom: "Ven?"
Me: "When you're going out"
Mom: "I'm nat sure ven I'm goink...bat maybe I go."
Me: (frustrated and getting pissed off) "Well, call me if you're going out"
Mom: "Vy don yu kam now?"
Me: "BECAUSE I HAVE THINGS TO DO AND THE STORES ONLY STAY OPEN SO LONG...IF YOU GO OUT CALL ME!"
Mom: "I no go. I stay hom an vait for yu"
CLICK


 


Thanks Linea

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Randall for your kind words about my site.

    I want to thank you for something else too...I have had one of the worst days I've had in quite a while. Your comment just rayed a little sunshine into it...thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no really...and seriously..thank you.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.