Saturday, June 07, 2003

Pentecost Sunday

"If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.  No, I will not abandon you as orphans?I will come to you."
Jesus.


Thus, history was changed. Almighty, Allholy, All awesome God came to live in willing human hearts, and nothing has been the same since.


One of my favorite sections of Scripture is Galatians 5:19-23. 


When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results:


sexual immorality,


impure thoughts,


eagerness for lustful pleasure,


idolatry,


participation in demonic activities,


hostility,


quarreling,


jealousy,


outbursts of anger,


selfish ambition,


divisions,


the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,


envy,


drunkenness,


wild parties, and


other kinds of sin.


Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.


But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us:


love,


joy,


peace,


patience,


kindness,


goodness,


faithfulness,


gentleness, and


self-control.


Here there is no conflict with the law.





 


Go in peace today, because God desires to create in you, life. Let Him in, welcome him into your hearts, and let Him set up shop, inside your soul.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.