Saturday, June 28, 2003

Saturday night, saturday night.

Tonight we had a worship time at the church. 


Janet L, together with some of our musicians, have been working for months on an activity for tonight. Lots and lots of music, mixed with some spoken word, dance and followed up with a snack. Not to bad at all. They worked very hard to get it all ready for us. I really appreciate being cared for in such a tangible way.


I found myself being the pastor first of all, trying to judge it, measure it, evaluate it, so that we could give it a proper review afterwards.


I get too distracted doing that. "How's it going, how's the mix, the transitions, the balance." "Where is my attention being directed, is God here, where are we goin with this." It's hard to leave my pastor hat at the door.


Then, I remembered, or maybe God reminded me, that indeed, it's not about me, or us even. It's not about us at all. It's about Him.


We bring to Him this offering of worship, we gather together and offer up our corporate love and adoration. And it's all about Him, and us in His presence.


So it was great. I believe God loved it, thought it was great even. I suppose that the only thing that may have made it greater is if there had been more and more of us there to offer up our love and worship to Him who is worthy of it all.


And what's cool is that we get to go do it again tomorrow.


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.