Monday, June 02, 2003

Worshipfreehouse

Well, I'm back. I had a very productive trip, we got a lot accomplished.


Driving back wasn't a problem. I left around 5:30 pm on Saturday and I arrived home around 1:30 am with no sleepy-ness issues. A can of Jolt in the cup holder and spitz if needed. Of course Sunday proved to be a bit fuzzy, but God was in it. That's what I like about God, he doesn't base his love or grace on having a good or bad day. It's just that He is good. His very essence, is goodness...


Well, we got to Saskatoon last night, in time for the Worshipfreehouse.


 


Gingerale, Nachos, and Jesus


I LOVED the sense of freedom, to just participate. To eat and drink my choice of greasy junk food. I loved the stories shared, the songs sung. I loved that there was no real wood in the place and that most of the lighting came from candles. (I also thought it considerate that they mentioned  if you see someone on fire, put them out)


I really loved the tables, around which you sat with friends and new friends, and that you were encouraged to talk, anytime during the evening, and to get up and move around, meet, visit, get a drink. To talk, communicate, connect with others. The discussion around my table was easily the best part of the night. (Well, Leighton's Story was very good, very vulnerable too. Good on ya Leighton.) We talked of the Sermon on the Mount. Of how we are to be salt and light. We explored how that so many believers think the difference between us and the world is how we dress, or what we drink, or where we go. But we miss the point that Jesus said that the real difference between us and the world would be in how we deal with violence, or poverty, or wealth or love. A totally scary thought.


I met Jordon Cooper and Jeremy Olson, two regular guys who live out a part of their lives online each day. We also brought my sister, Robyn, along, and because she seem's to know just about everyone in Saskatoon, I got to meet some new people.


Thanks to you all in Saskatoon who are going on this journey together. Thanks for your hard work and the G-Force (sweet).


I'll be back.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.