Saturday, July 19, 2003

Some Soccer Saturday

Well. Steve and Lisa, our youth worker and his family were moving today. They have purchased a house and today is moving day. I got there around, 11 am to help a bit and discovered that I was the only non-family member there. There wasn't anyone from the church helping either. I was a bit embarrassed and sad. Nothing says "You belong with us" like someone helping you move house. It is a great way to show commitment, love and all that other stuff that sez you're a part of this community.

 

I got to the office and discovered that my planning for tomorrow wasn't going to work afterall. The group I was hoping would sing, are not able to do it for us. But God was there too and another idea fell into place. I've been thinking about culture allot and how there are many more cultures or subcultures around us today than there were in the 50's or 60's. How will we reach those cultures with the good news? By asking them to change to our culture? I hope not.

 

Let's just say that tomorrow's service involves my worst looking jeans and tee-shirt...

 

Anyway after a few hours I got tomorrow on the right path, then Micah and I headed of to a Soccer game. I've a friend who plays for the Prince Albert Celtics, a girls team and today they were playing the Regina team. Both teams were undefeated, till today. I'm pleased to announce that the Celtics are still undefeated!!

 

I really quite enjoy Soccer (Ok Football for our friends across the Big Water) There just isn't allot to watch up here in Prince Albert. And it's an easy game to understand! (Not like that Cricket thing with the flat bats and no gloves!! I don't get that at all, but I do try.) You kick a ball into the other teams goal. Easy peasy.

 

Suppers calling, I better go. I think it's turkey, and you know how I feel about Turkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.