Friday, August 01, 2003

I'm Baaaack


Ok, just stare at this picture for a bit.


 


Yeah, I thought so, now wipe the drool from your lower lip.


This is what I had to put up with for the past three days. This and prayer and fellowship and visiting and listening and talking and blessing.


Some time ago Leighton invited anyone who wished to, to join him at his Chitek Lake cabin for some good conversation, prayer and friendship. I took him up on it. It was an oasis for me.


Leighton was there, being the gracious host, and Jeremy and his wife Raelynn were up for a while, taking a break from summer camp duties.  Linsay (The Man with the Altoids Camera!) Martens,  and Mark (3:16) Trew came up for Wednesday and we enjoyed a day "Networking" on a houseboat! (Good idea Jeremy!) Then Jordon Cooper came up today and we laughed and laughed, like I needed to laugh.


For me, the only downer was that I prayed that Jer and Raelynn would be able to catch a few fish Thursday night, and they didn't get a nibble. I suppose it's Gods way of keeping me humble. He's probably right in that regard.


But I had a great, refreshing time. The words and prayers and sharing were ointment to my soul.


And I have great confidence in the future of the church. If these young leaders are anything to go by, I do believe the future will be just fine. So keep pressing in you guys, you're Gods best.


And thanks.


(For more Chitek Lake Pic's, click here.)





2 comments:

  1. If that picture of LT doesn't get his phone ringing off the hook with ladies I don't know what will!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.