Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Toni's Blogging

Well, looks like we've got that great conversationalist Toni, Blogging finally. I can't wait till he gets the comments going!!


He's got a good start, exploring teenage depression and how it may be linked to a first sexual experience.


Check him out here.


And, Linea's has gone whole-domain-hog-wild. She's moved over to Linealanoie.com, (Warning, advertising ahead) hosted with the ever helpful and cost effective PrairieFusion.com!


She's doing some more amazing writing.  Like this:



"When I have time and a good book and lots of opportunity to sit and talk to God, I begin to feel at one with this earth.  The magnitude of all God has created coupled with the smallness of me make me more acutely aware of the greatness of his sacrifice and full of wonder that he did it for me." 


So go check her out too.


As for me, I'm still trying to stay cool. Southern Saskatchewan has been in a bit of a heat wave these days. Every day brings the promise that Tomorrow will be cooler, only to see tomorrow come and the intense heat come with it.


So, tomorrow is promised us a high of 20 C. I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it is because tomorrow we start for home.


 

5 comments:

  1. Say Randall, thanks for the plug and the kind words. Let's hope I can live up to them.



    Hope you DO have cooler weather for the journey back. A/C is OK, but it's not the complete answer. Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toni;



    I think today must have been the first day in weeks that didn't go above 30C. In fact, when we left, it was something like 20C and a huge wind storm. I think I used a 1/4 tank of gas driving one hour into the wind. But, at least it's cooler, and we are so glad to be home...



    At Lauralea's mom's place, it was hot indeed, but that wasn't enough, no, they decided to spend each day canning veggies!!!! Boiling, cooking, heating, sealing, unbelieveable! On the hottest week of the year, they crank it up 20 degrees.



    I suppose I'll get over it when I take that first bite into the dill pickle on a cool September evening.



    Welcome to blogdom.

    Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back OK.



    Is your weather window telling the truth? 14'C in Prince Albert? Sounds like our weathers are doing the same things at the mo. Cool in the evening, but hot in the day.



    We used to go on camping holidays to the south of France, which involved about 500 miles of driving. The best solution I found was to get a ferry in the mid afternoon, landing in France at about 11.00pm local time. I'd then drive through the night, when it was cool, arriving around 8ish in the morning. Fine, provided we managed not to disagree - lack of sleep does not make for family accord ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That driving at night thing was something I did consider, but I considered family unity and decided against it!!



    So, you've been to the South of France eh? That's on my list of things to do before I die!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Well, I think that the first comment Toni left in this space was back on July 17, 2003, and he started his own blog on August 19, 2003. [...]

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.