Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Stat holiday (Bank holiday for the UK-ites)

Monday is my usual "Day off" so I try to do day off stuff. Yesterday was Labour day, a stat holiday, so then I usually take my day off on Tuesday. Well, here we are on Tuesday. The kids are gone, Lauralea has the van and is off at a meeting someplace and it's quiet.

 

I'm not complaining, mind you, I woke up with some work things on my mind that I needed to deal with, so I've been working on them. Then I did some study on church stuff that will be helpful this Fall. In a while, Lauralea is picking me up and we're going out for lunch. We LOVE the local Thai food place, sooooo.....

 

I've been working this morning because tomorrow afternoon I'm headed to the Funeral of an old family friend. In his mid 60's, and his heart has just given out. He was on a transplant list, but nothing became available before he was done. So I'll take some time tomorrow and remember him and his family and give thanks to God for his life and all God did through it.

 

Anyway, I should go do a bit more before Lauralea arrives.

 

Blessings on your day.


LUNCH UPDATE: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.




3 comments:

  1. Hope your "tie" lunch was all and even more than you expected....did you wear your Disney one or your one of many wild and weird ones? hee hee ....By the way, it's great to watch the two of you do marriage together. You're an encouragement! Blessings on your day too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the extra day off. Still it's only fair as we had the previous Monday as August bank holiday ;-)



    Is Thai a big deal out there. Over here it's Indian curry. The national dish is now officially chicken tikka masala (true!) instead of fish and chips or steak'n'kidney pie. My favourite is chicken shaslik, but that's a little hotter than most tastes. Makes me feel hungry just thinking!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.