Thursday, November 13, 2003

Bits and Pieces

Micah's on a cleaning binge lately. For the past two days, late into the evening and early in the morning, he's taken it into his head to clean the pit we have come to call his room. I should have taken a before and after picture! He is really motivated, I don't know what's going on there but I like it!!


Wish I could bottle it and save it for later.


 


A thirteen year old girl was stabbed across the street last evening, by some girls her own age.


I remember when we were kids, you would "Meet a kid on the way home from school" and have a go. (I never met a kid on the way home, though sometimes I was "Met" on the way...) I think the worst I experienced was once being held up by some kids who had a board with a nail in it. Scared me straight.


Where's it gonna end?


 


Did I tell you about when I was at my brothers this summer? We went to a movie and, both thought to go to the washroom before the movie started. So, we're standing at matching urinals when we hear, "ring-ring, ring-ring." I look at him, he looks at me, and I said "It's not mine, mine doesn't ring like that!"  It turned out to be his cell phone.


They should have an option on the phone so that it won't ring while you're in a washroom. I've overheard some amazing conversations while sitting in a stall...


Oh, and the caller was our sister. Figures.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hearing about the girl getting stabbed and you getting threatened takes me back. Plenty of unpleasant memories from growing up and meeting groups of unpleasant people in various situations. South London was quite a tough place in the 60s and early 70s (still is, judging by the number of assaults I hear about).



    My father told us kids once about a time when he was an apprentice in Austria after the war. One of the guys where he worked tried to stab him, so to defend himself he broke the other guys hand.



    Nothing's changed really.





    As for the phone going in the loo - I find it really hard to keep talking straight. I just want to say "do you know where I am right now?" It usually seems to be business people, so making a joke of it just isn't on the cards.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.