Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Day Two: Completed

Well, we made it through day two, and to their credit, everybody seems to be rising to the occasion.


Tonight I made supper. Fried hotdogs and chips and some cheese beans (I saw them at the store in a can and just had to try em!!)  Thomas was at the church for supper so it was just three kids and me.


The joke of the day was that Johanna was at the Doctor's for an appointment, and afterwards she  phoned me for a ride. One of the receptionists overheard and offered her a ride home in the office van. It exists to give the elderly and needy rides to and from the office, kind of a good idea. So she came home on the Short Bus. That was funny.


Tonight we went to the new Arts Center to see the Riverside Senior Band play, along with another group. Thomas plays the French Horn in it, and they sounded good.


Here are two clips of the concert, Riverside Senior Band playing  The Bunker Hill Overture (1.9 megs), and The March of the Minute Men (3.4 megs)


Thanks to those of you who got me free tonight so that I could get to the concert.


Three days left.

6 comments:

  1. Well,sounds like you guys are doing alright without me! Maybe I should contrive to stay a few extra days?! Thanks for the concert clips- you sounded great, Thomas! I need to remember to take the camera out next time we go... no pics so far, but the weather is wonderful! The air smells fresh and there are still flowers and LOTS of GREEN here in Victoria! Allyson and Joseph are great hosts. So- having a great time, miss you, but glad you're not here! WHO WON THE ELECTION? (got some presents today!...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like one good cholesterol packed meal! What a cook! I used to laugh at Leo's attempts for meals when I was away - usually fried eggs and beans. That was back when he still attempted to cook. Now it is order a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mediteranean style pork with conchigli in a red pesto sauce and broccoli anyone? Last night was chicken Tikka Masala (cheating, sauce from a can) with cinnamon basmati rice. Cooking - love it!



    I't actually a good thing to do this sort of stuff. Shows every one what they are capable of, and prepares them for life in the outside world. Well done for keeping going Randall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my story is, when Ken (my husband cook) was sick on Monday, we had A&W Teen Burgers......now I'm certainly not one to want my husband sick, ..... but this turned out pretty well, if you like Teen Burgers (and I do!!!). He was back in the harness yesterday and cooked a lovely venison roast supper....cheese beans Randall?????I still like Teen Burgers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toni, Baby, where you been all my life...



    I don't know if you're just after making me drool or making me look bad!!!



    Yeah, Heinz Cheese Beans, the final frontier, good and good fro ya.



    As for the teen burgers, there's to much vegetables on them for my liking, I like the Grandpa burger, with cheese, ketchup and mustard!



    As for Lauralea, the election is today, so we don't know yet, and why are'nt you taking pictures?? It's cold as stink here today and snowing.



    Say hi to Allyson and Joseph. And have fun tonight, and don't get arrested. I don't have enough for bail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Toni, Baby, where you been all my life... "



    Hey, just remember I'm a bald bearded male, about 2 years older than you ;-)



    Teen burgers? So THAT'S how the Canadians keep their kids under control! (Do that one more time and you're food!!)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.