Monday, January 19, 2004

Worship people

Each week these 6,7, or 8 people make a commitment to come to practice and usually work hard for an hour or so. Then they go home and work on the music during the week, and finally they show up Sunday mornings at 9am to practice one more time. That is so that they can play well at 11 am. So they can lead people into God´s presence.


And they are an amazing bunch. They are a gifted, talented bunch of musicians, who are often overlooked because they make this look easy. They ride in the background, unnoticed, except for when they make a mistake! They give us roads we use to meet with God. They play the melodies that our hearts ride on to say to God, "We love you, we praise you, we thank you."


Often I have stood upon the stage leading the people in worship and thought to myself, There´s no way we could be at this place with God if it wasn´t for those people playing and praying over there. No way.


My own heart would have long since dried up and blown away if it wasn´t for them being there. They allow us to blend our worship. They can play the old hymns, with all the notes, and the latest song with just a few chords. And their playing allows me to look to God in worship, not to be worrying will they make this song. And when I screw up, they keep right on going, without missing a beat.


You guys deserve a lot of credit. Here´s to you regulars, in no particular order;


Birdie Anderson on Organ


Janet Loseth on the Digital Piano


Matt Kent on the Electric Guitar, Bass, and Acoustic Guitar


Linea Lanoie on the Recorder


Steve R on Acoustic Guitar


Christian Kongaui on Drums


4 comments:

  1. YAY - recognition for the worship team at last! As a part of one I know that we put in 3-9 hours of practice for 2 services each week, and yet the response we usually get is complaint for some or other thing we do wrong. Thanks for complimenting your group - they can always do with that encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randall. That is very kind of you. I think we do this because we like to worship, not just because we know you need all the help you can get:-)



    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of things I take for granted: good health, comfortable bed, a cookin' husband (in every sense of the word!!), friends that smile back at me, a worship team that brings me into the very presence of God, thankful children, a Pastor that prays for me..........well, I could go on...... thanks always seems too simple.....but, "THANKS".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that I am still a kid who prefers loud, rock'n music but I think when worship teams, bands or indiviuals are seeking God in their lives the music is "ALIVE" whether it be hymns, contemporary, rock or other. I am thankful that God is so obviously present each Sunday in the music. So when's the next Saturday night worship? I'm there.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.