Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Wish i had the nerve

Luke Phillips reminds us what it is to be young, and Australian...



Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed camera van operating in the area. Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day.


Meanwhile, the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and unscrewed its numberplate. After bidding the van operator good-bye, the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed - 17 times. As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself.



 



4 comments:

  1. :-)



    I was once told that the trick from west side story with chains and rear axles on police cars actually works, too. Although I'm not sure if this was a 'pub conversation' or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that too. To me it seems a very Australian thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO NOT PASS THIS IDEA ON TO MY TEENAGED KIDS!!!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.