Tuesday, March 16, 2004

From Blue to Green

Well, long day done.


A long staff meeting, a tricky counseling session and a worship practice, all did their bit to wipe me out. And to top it all off, I can claim to be unbeaten at Table Tennis no more. Sigh.


After the practice tonight, I had just enough left to get beaten by Matt, twice. Then Janet was licking her chops after seeing me fall so convincingly, so she had a go, and yes friends, she beat me as well.


So, tomorrow I will get up at 5:30 to the National Anthem and I will arise to seek another reason other than the challenging calling of "The Table" to give my life meaning.


But hey, tomorrow is Lauralea's High Holy day, St. Patrick's Day!! WOOO HOOO.


We'll be eatin green food that's for sure. And supper will be an authentic Irish affair.


My first college roomate was an Irishman. He came from a town just north of Dublin called Drogheda, and because of him, I grew to love the Irish.


Lauralea's folks worked in Ireland too for a number of years. In fact, it was to Ireland I called to ask if I could have her hand. They said yes and kindly threw in the rest of her too, bless em.


So, all in all not bad. Tomorrow, the Mennonite home of the Friesen's will be dancin an Irish Jig, remembering how that small Emarld Isle has blessed us.


Things are lookin up.


 

3 comments:

  1. I can't help with everything but I am the worse table tennis player of all time. I have never won a game in my life and have played a fair bit. I am the Anna Kornikova of table tennis... all looks, no game.



    If you are looking to get your confidence back, give me a call. I talk tough but can't back it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloomin' eck Jordon, you DO invite comment sometimes.



    Let me just restrict myself to the comment that having seen your cam, I think comparing your looks to Anna Kournikova's is just wrong.



    As for beating someone - even if we can't play, you've effectively beaten me, just by picking up a bat. At least I'm prettier than Jordon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Table Tennis????? It's "ping-pong" to me gentlemen. Now about the important stuff...ah, yes, ta' be sure.....'tis th' wearin' O' th' green and as I sit here this mornin' listnin' ta "When Irish Eyes Are Smilin'"...I have thought o' ma dear muther....God bless her soul......who taught me about her heritage....the potato famine....the English (my father being born in Blightie)and the ensuing yearly argument as to who was the best "The Irish" OR "The English" with na'er an outcome of one r' tuther....but a whole lot o' laughter n' smiles....topped off with a green dinner!!! Happy St. Patty's Day ta, ya all....

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.