Sunday, May 23, 2004

The River

The river continues to flow, near our house. Life seems to move on.


This morning in church, the music group from the Covenant Bible College was with us, and brought the service. They were very very good.


I didn't have to preach or lead anything huge, which was a blessing. I was having a good morning, listening, praying, watching. Then the team did a song, and one of the girls did an amazing dance to it. At that point I started to weep, and weep. This girl danced freely, and I wept.


Probably had something to do with the freedom grandpa was enjoying, I don't know, and I couldn't figure it out. But it was ok. I just tried to not let everybody see me shaking - hey, that's who I am!


Tonight I'll spend at the office, trying to write some things down. I hope some ideas come. I hope He comes.


 

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like the day was good - sunshine and dancing.



    I missed being here this weekend so badly - it was very grey in S'toon and no kind of dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no shame at all in weeping, Randall. It sounds like you had a few things to let out, and I'm glad you were able to. And sometimes God just touches us like that, and we do it anyway, regardless of the careful control that we'd like to think we (I) had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are in my prayers mano.. I pray you have a peaceful week.



    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He comes when we allow ourselves to be vulnerable. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.