Thursday, June 10, 2004

A new meaning to the word Famous

Yesterday Steve and I drove down to Dundern where the Canadian Covenant is planting a church. Steve M. is workin hard there, being faithful, doin what needs to be done, week by week.


It was our Saskatchewan CovPastors get together. We usually hang out and eat together, then we share our stories and finally pray for each other. It's a very good thing.


Anyway, yesterday we met at one of those small prairie cafe's that serves tons of coffee to the locals at 10am each morning, and once and a while Bob will take his wife Rose out for supper and they'll have the roast beef supper special with some ice cream for desert, kind of place.


I ordered the "Famous Burger." And if it isn't, well it should be! It had four kinds of meat on it, two kinds of cheese, and three kinds of vegetables! Wooo Hoooo it was a feast in Dundern.


The quality of the food on the prairies is not lost, especially at those small roadside cafe's. And the people are great too.


We got back around 6pm, tired but blessed, and still full from lunch.


 

2 comments:

  1. Steve's a good guy. You are fortunate to have him up there. Tell him Dan says hi next time you talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree, wholeheartedly!



    Next time I see him though, will be in Minneapolis at the annual meeting.



    I'll say hi. unless you will be there.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.