Monday, August 30, 2004

Dream a little dream...

This morning the clouds are low in the sky, it's raining off and on, and there's a cool breeze blowing. I love days like this, especially on my days off!


A few years ago I saw a documentary about a couple who went over to The Netherlands and bought an older Narrow boat. They replaced the engine and rebuilt the insides, then sailed her over to London where they had her permanently moored. On weekends they would sail her in around the narrow channels and rivers throughout the UK. During the summer they would take her over to the continent and explore the various countries, by river.


And, when I saw that show, I fell in love.


Some months later I found a website that sells narrow boats, and every now and then, like this morning, I wonder over to that site and take a look at what's for sale. I afford myself a little dream, then get on with the details of life.


Today, with the weather the way it is, I'm dreaming a bit too much.


 


 

1 comment:

  1. I may be little late here, but we have some good friends that used to live on a narrow boat, bumming round England. Derek and Leslie are lovely people, and have more recently spent a year on mission in France. They also run a 1200cc motorcycle, despite having 3 (now grown up) children. Derek also has long hair and a pierced ear (in his late 40s).



    I have a feeling that most people are too sensible and practical to do this.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.