Friday, October 15, 2004

Barf Bag handy?

Here's an interesting quote I picked up at the new site, MotionSickness.



"It´s interesting man, motion, going through the motions is what parents use to make their children fall asleep. A stroller ride, or a car ride? mother rocking baby back and forth. This is what Satan has done to Christians today, we are going through the motions and falling asleep. When we start to get sick of it, motion sickness, we grab a Gravol to numb us, our sin. We us it to dull our senses and our dissatisfaction with life."


I think I like the analogy.


 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I would say that when the going gets routine and life begins to lack feeling, we look for new ways to spice up our life. To feel again is the goal. And, well sin is sure to provide some feeling response. Too bad that isn't what we really need. Instead why not explore the great wonder of who God is. There's always something new to discover there and I don't ever remember God being boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. Interesting dialogue about the prodigal son. The brother reminded me again of the Jews who were given grace because they were jealous of the Gentiles receiving grace. They had to be reminded that they needed grace even though they were with God already, just as the brother had to deal with jealousy and resentment because he had been home all along. Just as WE might become jealous of the excitement and joy so obvious in new believers and "prodigal sons". Does this make sense to anyone else?



































    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.