Tuesday, October 26, 2004

someday's its good...

This morning I awoke to the sound of the hospital's cell phone ringing me awake. Someone was in code blue and could I come.


I think the time was before 6 am, so at least it wasn't in the middle of the night. Off I went, groggy but able.


That started the day.


From there I went to work. Processing some difficult emails, then meeting one, meeting two, meeting three, then preparing for tonight's worship practice, and, here I am.


A hard day, on some fronts. And a wonderful day, in terms of connecting with people. Three meetings resulting in four good connections with people. I could easily stay home tonight, feeling like I accomplished a lot. But tonight I get to jam with our worship gang. We are easing some younger members of the church into the band and it's great. We need them to help us worship God.


And, the time marches on right into Christmas. As my friend Sharon would remind me, only 60 more sleeps till Christmas.


 

3 comments:

  1. 58 days 'til Christmas, actually, if you don't count today...... I watched "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby the other day............. aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.............get me to a fire..... hot chocolate.......fuzzy socks.... blanket........oh, I guess I'm at work, I was beginning to sink under my desk.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 60 sleeps? Oh thank goodness... I'm putting the bubbles in the chiller NOW and counting down till 2pm 25th Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your church doing a big thing for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.