Friday, November 12, 2004

Did we get anywhere this week??

Well, I do believe it's been the kind of week in which not a lot of pastoring got done.


Reports, agendas, bulletins, song selections, phone calls, typing, emails and snail mails, and generally hating the computer (XP more specifically) has robbed me of time needed to pastor.


Now, there are those who would say that that is pastoring. Leading, administering, setting direction. But that person isn't me.


Add to that some kind of disease that made me feel like garbage, and a family somewhat ticked off that I didn't take Remembrance Day off, and you have the sum total of my week.


Tomorrow will find me in the office again, finishing for Sunday.


Enough grumbling.


Johanna and Thomas are in Saskatoon tonight and tomorrow night, acting in the play they did here, Joan of Arc.  


Hope they break their legs!!


 

4 comments:


  1. Randy,



    I think God is trying to tell you something!



    People first, computers last. I think you'd be better off in a computer technology path. You seem to love computers more than your Pastoring that's what i feel everytime i read your blog.

    Sandy W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, Randall, you've been my best pastor. Whatever that means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,



    Haven't seen you around here for a while!



    In this space I usually don't talk alot about the specifics of what I do as a pastor. Most of my contacts need to be private.



    So, here you will mostly hear me talk about life or blogging or photography or my kids and occasionally a reference about what I do as a pastor.



    The list of "Stuff" I reported doing this week was not about computer technology, in fact it's all stuff that would have had to have been done, with or without a computer. The fact that I had the computer to use as a tool probably helped me get more done than I would have by hand.



    As for loving the computer more than pastoring...



    Nope. That was part of the frustration born out in my post. I'd way rather be hanging with people than fighting with a sick computer.





    Come join us tomorrow, see what I've been working on all week. It'll give you a chance to catch the "other side" of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randall, you are what pastoring and the Good News is all about..........turning the other cheek, loving the unloved and speaking the truth. Grace and peace to you as you enter yet another full week of caring for us.........

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.