Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm leavin on a jet plane...

Well, as this post goes live I shall be on a plane sweating and making new promises to God if we only land in one piece... (paranoia will destroy ya)


I can be reached at (847) 696-1234 if needed. And you can always try to send me an email on my contact page.


If I get to an internet connection, I shall update this space.


 


Peace to you this week,


and peace to me, and mine.


 

























































SUN., JAN. 30MON., JAN. 31TUES., FEB. 1WED., FEB. 2THURS., FEB. 3FRI., FEB. 4
 8:30 a.m. Registration Check-in 8:30-9:45 a.m. Morning Session: Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Leader8:30-9:45 a.m. Morning Session: Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Leader8:30-9:45 a.m. Morning Session: Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Leader8:00-10:15 a.m. Breakfast Meeting: Jim Wallis, Speaker
  9:45-10:30 a.m. Break9:45-10:30 a.m. Break9:45-10:30 a.m. Break 
  10:30 a.m.-noon Workshops10:30 a.m.-noon Workshops10:30 a.m.-noon Plenary Session:
Michael Emerson
Speaker
 Hometime
  Arrive in Chicago12:00 noon-2:00 p.m. Lunch Break12:00 noon-2:00 p.m. Lunch Break12:00 noon-2:00 p.m. Lunch Break 
  

2:00-4:00 p.m. Continuation of Morning Workshops


5:00pm Supper for Canadians!!

2:00-4:00 p.m. Continuation of Morning Workshops2:00-4:00 p.m. Plenary Session: Michael Emerson and Rodney Woo, Speakers 
5:00 p.m. Registration Check-in 7:00 p.m. Opening Worship Service Haddon Robinson, Preacher7:00 p.m. Worship Service: Marva Dawn, Preacher

Free Evening


Jazz Night Downtown!

7:00 p.m. Worship Service: Eugene Rivers III, Preacher  


 

11 comments:

  1. Definitely peace to you and yours.



    Have a good trip, and say 'hi' to the sears building for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm assuming you made it in one piece as I haven't heard of any major crashes on the news channel........so, thank you Lord!!!! Praying for great gushes of God's sweet spirit pouring over you as you are ministered to this week........and as you minister also..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...i kinda dont see in the itinerary where you are gonna buy me some cherry seven up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checkin in from the Apple store, on my way to Jazz nite.



    Tryin not to give in to an Ipod.....







    sweet week all.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO OOO OOO!!!!! I've been trying to find a free way to contact you!!!!



    hey, you know how yuo're supposed to bring me back something cool? Get me some new music. Something Iv'e never heard before.



    oh. but today's wednesday. and when you see this it'll be at least thurdsday. and you're almost gone by then.



    aw.



    well, if you read this, PLEASE get me some cool, weird, different music I've never heard before. Or even I have heard, but never listened to. Even jazz is okay. Big band is better, but blues would do.



    :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randall - I think you need to buy Johanna some Cream (not the Ibiza kind) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, Cream's okay. I can't remember what they sound like, but I've heard them before. I mostly like the mellow stoner music, but I like dancing music too (the real kind, not the techno crap). Big Band, Jazz, Blues, 70's, contemporary (not pop), light rock, salsa, basically anything except country, techno (but even some of it's okay), pop, and club-dance.



    Ooooh, reggae's fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cream?? If you're going for rock and roll, get her some Led Zeppelin (it would fall under blues as well).



    Or, "A Boy Names Charlie Brown" soundtrack (Vince Gauraldi Trio) (Jazz), or some Oscar Peterson



    Or the "Swing Kids" soundtrack (Big Band)



    Or "Texas Flood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan (Blues)



    Or, for the 70's, Bruce Cockburn's first five albums or so, or "Blood on the Tracks" by Bob Dylan, or "Moondance" by Van Morrison.

    ReplyDelete
  9. please. no bob dylan. it doesn't even count as music. (although he did a song called "visions of Johanna", one of the only songs with my name in it)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Randall: you're in Chicago, so it ought to be blues.

    Marc: by including Bruce Cockburn, Bob Dylan and Van Morrison in your last sentence you have proved yourself to have taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johanna: Ouch.



    Phil: Thank you. I'm fairly new to Dylan. I have liked Cockburn for quite a while now (although I can't say I'm fond of most of his 80's material), and Van Morrison for even longer. All of them are quality, time-tested artists.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.