Friday, February 11, 2005

Long day, praying still

Well, day one completed. We will regroup in an hour to go at it some more. I believe this is the first time at these meetings we've gone into the evenings. I don't mind it so much, just that the thinking gets a bit weird and the ideas slow to a crawl... then they get goofy!


Our committee had a most profitable day, connecting with staff and faculty. Listening to their stories, hearing their heartbeat for the kids, for the school, for God.


D'you remember the picture of Moses standing in front of the Red Sea, with water in front of him and the Egyptians behind, bearing down on him?  That was the feeling settling upon us today.


At this call to Faith, God sets him up at the edge of his own demise, and Moses has to decide what he's gonna do, who's he gonna believe. And he places his trust in God.


God does this a thousand times a day, to each of us. Inviting us to faith, to trust in him and his power.


We have no recourse but to repent and believe, in him and his ability. And this is Grace.


We have that sense around the table too. God is doing what he is doing, and this thing probably won't look like it does now, nor possibly even what we want it to look like. But it will be his thing, and we will fall down and worship him for being the Amazing God of the miraculous and merciful.


It will inspire awe of Him. And that's alright by me.


It's good to be in prayer these days and nights. Pray with me tonight...


 


O Lord, You will keep us safe
and protect us forever.


I am placing my soul and my body
in Thy safe keeping this night, O God,
in Thy safe keeping, O Jesus Christ,
in Thy safe keeping, O Spirit of perfect truth.
The Three who would defend my cause
be keeping me this night from harm.


I call on You, O God,
for You will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.


Show the wonder of Your great love,
You who save by Your right hand
those who take refuge in You from their foes.


Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings.


Lighten my darkness, Lord.
Let the light of Your presence
dispel the shadows of night.


Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
each day and each night.


Save us, Lord, while we are awake,
guard us while we are asleep;
that, awake, we may watch with Christ,
and, asleep, may rest in His peace.


God with me protecting,
the Lord with me directing,
the Spirit with me strengthening
for ever and for evermore.


The peace of all peace
be mine this night
in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Being away from work and at home with this beast of a headache all week, I have given myself to reading, reading, and reading the Word....seeing again and again God's total faithfulness, of his call to us, his desire for us to be whole and new, of his comfort when we cry, his love when we're angry.... praying for you, Randall, the Board, the faculty and staff and students.....let's worship him and adore him..........blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture of Moses at the Red Sea is a reflection of a song God's been giving me... one verse is "When your enemies surround you and the river seems too wide, I will lead you through the water on dry ground to the other side. Follow me, I will lead you; Follow me, I'll show the way. Follow me, I will lead you; Fire by night and cloud by day." Just keep listening. Keep following. I know you will. {Miss you, by the way! - and Micah's class sleepover seems to have been a roaring success : ) }

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you. See you tomorrow night.



    It's 5:30, all the meetings are done for now, so I'm off to Calgary to find an Ikea (Lauralea), and something to eat.



    nite.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.