Friday, April 29, 2005

Change Sucks part 2

Talk about change sucking wind, this morning I raced out the door hopped into the van and headed off. I got 50 feet and noticed that my tire was flat. Shoot.


So, I got it off and made arrangements to try to get it fixed. The guy reported that it was beyond help, so off I went to another place to get a new tire.


After picking a reasonably inexpensive one, and ordering it, I sat down to wait for it to be done. My van was still at home, up on a jack and I was not dressed to do hospital visitation. I waited, tap tap tap...


I asked how long this would take. She estimated about an hour. "An Hour?" I interrupted!! "And a half" she finished.


Sigh.


I'm reading this great book, "In praise of Slow" by Carl Honore which is a call to slow down the pace of our lives and enjoy them more and deeper. I thought about the book, and then I thought "But I want a new tire, and I want it now!"


Change just isn't easy I guess.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of the Simpsons episode in which Moe orders an industrial sized deep-frier for his bar. Homer orders a complete buffalo.



    Moe: "Your buffalo will be done in 40 seconds, Homer."



    Homer: "40 seconds? Awwww! But I want it now!"



    Hilariously ridiculous.



    I should have read your post earlier today and I wouldn't have rushed by you so quickly in the street today (a move which I thankfully second-guessed).

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.