Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Life, education, and politics

Life has been so unbelievably busy of late... And I'm trying to unbusy it, as a result of last week's "Correction" if I may.


This week is congregational meeting and service at the hospital and ministerial treasurer stuff, bla bla bla.


Good stuff is that my brother is getting married this weekend and I get to do it. that should be a party, at least after my part is done.


But, I'm also struggling with a decision I need to make this week. About a course I'm considering taking over the next three years. It really lines up with my gifts and area I'd like to pursue, I'm just not sure I have the energy for it. Or the cash, I guess.


Hey, maybe if any of you have had experience with a Spiritual Director, why not shoot me an email and tell me about the experience. Did it help, did it hinder. Are you presently meeting with one, would you meet with one again. 


I'm looking at a course which would kind of credential me, give me some credibility. And there are scholarships available for it, now.


So, I'm kinda looking to see some light on it.


Got to go help Micah study his Canadian Government material.


Blessings

4 comments:

  1. Hey Randall..



    I've been reading your blog for a little while after i was directed to your blog and your post about "Calling." As I am a Religion Major at Concordia University. You ask about spiritual direction, well, I can say that I have one, and I do that.



    I have long out lived my expiration date Living with HIV now 12 years, and at 36 i went back to school, when doctors told me i was flirting with death. But my supporters told me that Where there was a will there was a way, and God was with me.



    It was a matter of money and time! but I had to find my way and I did. And it was a Willingness to try, and now I've just begin my third year in University at age 37 now.



    The first thing my S.D. would ask me when i present a situation is this and i quote "Have you brought this issue to prayer?" He would encourage me to pray and to walk the journey. Education in Canada is not cheap for me, but I have found the way to do it, even when it meant that I had to streamline my life a bit.



    IF this is something that will Augment your ministry and showcase your gifts and you are aligned with God, then why not go for it. Making that all important decision to listen for God's voice amid the noise of life, takes work. Lately I have been walking in alot of Light and Grace, which i guess is why I am writing to you. Because in a way - you helped me Work on my "calling."



    My S.D. would ask me to reflect and to write my concerns and pray about them and also talk them out with him and my team of spiritual guides.. I have a group of people i bounce things off of. Women I know, ministers I worship with, and also a few ministers of the blogsphere I write with aside from my own blog. They are all listed on my bloglist.



    So my friend, bring everything in your heart to God and offer it up in prayer, and if you are listening, I am sure God will say " KEEP WALKING!" take only that which you need, stop and offer water and food and encouragement to the other pilgrims you meet on your journey, for YOU NEVER KNOW when the Master will appear to you on your journey.



    Life is all about the journey. what you learn and who you meet along the way! There are NO coincindences with God. And You asked for spiritual guidance, so this is my truth.



    Keep us posted on your decision, and May God bless you and keep you.



    Blessings on your head.



    Jeremy

    Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate your words.



    They help, more than you know.



    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randall - my mother is a spiritual director. She doesn't do the web, but if you have things you want to ask, I'm sure I can bridge the gap for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are more out there than I thought!



    They seem to be the quiet in the land.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.