Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Today I learned this writers trick

I had a good day of visitation in the care homes and hospitals today, and I came away with a profound sense of God's goodness to us, more especially, to me.


Tonight as I was waiting for a child to call for a pick up, I sat down to write a poignant post about my days lessons. And it kept coming and flowing out of me, till I had a pretty reasonable piece.


Now, flashback to earlier last week when I realized I'm suppose to be writing an article for the Prince Albert Daily Herald once every five to six weeks or so, and nothings coming. Picture me humbly asking God for something to write on.


Finally, picture me realizing this afternoon that the piece I wrote for this space, should work ok, for the other space.


God is good. And you'll have to wait for it to go to print. I'll publish it here when it is printed in the paper. 


So, I guess my writing here suffers patiently a bit. 


I hadn't even considered all the angles of being a writer. But I guess I'm learning.

2 comments:

  1. Marc VandersluysMay 3, 2005 at 5:24 PM

    They don't care if you double publish your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose if they purchased the piece they would.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.