Saturday, June 25, 2005

Graduation Continues

Well, this morning from 10 amd till 11 we went back to St. Mary school for the formal graduation exercises.



It was great, wasn't hot or humid. And the chairs were getting a little old after two hours, but it was a great morning.


Johanna was asked a while ago to sing the national anthem, which she did without a hitch. (I'll post an audio clip asap.)



She received her paperwork from the principal, and I got this pic of it.


Later on, she received the french award. Not bad for an englander.



And, after the ceremony, many pictures were taken.


Tonight is the Grand March and a dance thing, before the infamous Parents Sponsored Party in the bush.


Then tomorrow were having a family supper, Boston Pizza I believe.


I never received any recognition awards when I attended High School, so it's kind of cool to see some of our kids get em. Sadly enough, the "Get Awards Gene" didn't come from me,  I had to marry a really smart woman to give them half a chance!!


But hey, what does it say that a very smart woman chose me!!

2 comments:

  1. So what kind of exercises did they do? Pushups? Dips? Windsprints? Or was it mostly for show? I'm glad they had an emphasis on healthy living.



    And that's definitely a better picture of Johanna at the end there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, because I preferred the other one below - less smiley, but it also looks more natural and shows her cheekbones off to good effect. But what can you expect of a digicam with built in flash?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.