Wednesday, June 29, 2005

She's gone

Well, in a perfectly set Bus Station farewell, the rain was drizzling down, the sky was a muted white, and a few families were standing around saying their good-byes.


And we said good bye to our eldest, Johanna.


I feel I need to apologize to the readers here. Because it was early morning, I had forgotten to bring the camera. I know how much Johanna would have appreciated having a permanent image of the emotional farewell, but I am growing old and memory fails...


However, I did manage this Artist's Reconstruction of the moving event, so that it's recorded for posterity.



As you can plainly see, it was a very emotional scene.


Anyway, she's off to five weeks of French Studies in the big city of Winnipeg. Maybe she'll even stay all summer if she is able to find work there.


So, there we go then, that's one out of the nest.

3 comments:

  1. That picture makes me weep. Probably not for the right reasons, though!





















    again, just teasing! I'm really on a roll this week. Are you getting sick of it yet?



    Seriously, though, I'm thinking of you guys. You won't have empty nest syndrome for a couple of years yet, I guess, but I imagine it's a very emotional time when your children start spreading their proverbial wings and leaving the nest.



    Is she going to college next year? Or is she sticking around P.A. for a little while longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she has a little head and a BIG body, just like my kitty........

    have you dug out the video of her first day of kindergarten....and how ALL of us struggled that day....we all lived together then, one big family....(notice I left out happy)...my how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But were you wearing a fedora and a trenchcoat while mumbling "Here's lookin' at you, Kid"?



    Prayers to your family as you begin this time of change. Safety, Joy and Discovery for Johanna! :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.