Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It's hot here today

and i know, it's not hot hot, only around 31 C.


Compared to Meg who should just be arriving home in Virginia, (hot and humid Virginia i should say) i would be cool!! But she always loved the heat, the moisture floating in the air, making it feel twice as hot as it really is.


She did well this winter, up here in Prince Albert. Minus 40C, Prince Albert. Poor girl had never been anyplace colder than a Safeway freezer aisle, till she came here and met the cold, face to face.


And, face it she did. Well, you couldn't really see her face, it was covered with a full head toque, a scarf, then her huge hood was pulled up, just to make sure. And this was her driving outfit. In a nice warm car, no less.


When she would arrive at small group, it would take her half an hour just to get her protective gear off. We used to laugh at her limitations.


And now, she laugh's at us. Least she would laugh, but she probably couldn't bring her heart to do it.


And anyway, today she should be in her home state of Virginia for a warm holiday. And I'm thinking of her as the sweat drips down my back.


I find it hard to concentrate here in my office, when it's so hot. Hard to be creative, hard to focus. So today I tackled my stack of mail, cleaned off my desk of all the old files and work and mail..


Turns out my desk is made of wood! Who knew.


At least I will feel like I got something done today. And tonight I have a Constitutional Committee meeting! Woo Hoo!


Hey, at least it will be held in a nice cool basement. Hopefully get my core body temperature down before I head home to the Hot House.  

2 comments:

  1. I have the air conditioning sooo high at work that today a customer actually left...because it was tooo cold.



    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hit 32'C in the main lab here yesterday. I've been wearing shorts, shirt and open sandals under my lab coat. It's a damp old place. The cell culture lab has a chiller unit bolted to the wall, and it's blissful in there by comparison.



    The house is nice and cool though. We have to keep the door and windows shut during the day to keep the heat out, then open them during the night to cool the house down (it drops to about 15-20'C here in the valley at night).

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.