Friday, August 05, 2005

Happy Birthday to me

Thanks to those of you who have reminded me that I'm 42 today.


First was Lauralea.


Second was Micah


Third was Nikita.


Then the rest.


I think my mother deserves more credit than I do. She spent the day in pain, pushing...


UPDATE:


Well, not a bad day at all.


I started by taking the day off. Because of all the work lately I haven't taken a day in a while, and tomorrow I'll be in the office getting ready for Sunday, so there you go.


Lauralea made me burnt bacon sandwiches for breakfast, a real treat! Then her and I ran some errands and stopped for coffee at my favourite place.


The gifts were, amazing. Hillary got me a HUGE bath towel. I assume that since her bedroom is between the bathroom and my bedroom, she's tired of me travelling between the two with a small towel half around my waist!


The boys got together and bought me an extension pack for a favourite game, Call of Duty that my brother and I play. They got the game to Saskatoon, my brothers place, and got it installed on his computer, then they got it back here to give to me, so that tonight Jeff and I can play a game together. Very cool.


And I'm presently being called for turkey supper, my gift from Lauralea.


Good day all in all. And thanks for your good wishes.

12 comments:

  1. ~HaPpY bIrThDaY!!~



    Have a wonderful day. May God be near you and your family today and in the year ahead. May you be reminded of your value, protected and given rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday...is your present all gone already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday... Do you get to go on vacation now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 42! THE answer, but only if you know the question...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Randall, please turn your phone on. Then you'll get the text message I sent at about 3.30am your time in the hope of being the first outside your family to wish too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Toni is correct!



    I turned on the phone while out for coffee with Lauralea and it came buzzin in there.



    Thanks Guy.



    ...did you get a nice present?



    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Happy birthday! Marc and I are horrible with remembering birthdays, so I'll be sure to put yours (and when's Lauralea's again?) on our official Birthday Calendar straight from Holland. Brilliant people the dutch... forgetful... but brilliant. In Holland you're supposed to keep the birthday calendars (have 3 months on a page, with a line for each day where you write in whose b/day or ann.y it is) in the bathroom, but b/c we have showers in our bathrooms over here, we keep ours by our phone. Both common places where people tend to "linger". Some more than others... (Marc). Anyway... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes thanks.



    Chris got me a nice chorus pedal - amazing that it was just the one I wanted that I played in London. Hit a big open chord and it sounds like you've just jumped into a shimmering crystalline lake of music. Clips later.



    Her parents got me this nice temperature controlled soldering iron that I just happened to notice was reduced by Maplin.



    Ben found some greatly reduced Infra-red wireless headphones (a genuine surprise this time)



    My brother's family and mother went in together an got me a personal cd player and Cream's "Wheels of fire" on CD to go in it.



    So yes, I got some good stuff.



    How about Hilary? Did she deliver for you ;?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW young Nikita that you mentioned also had a birthday this week.



    It was her first week in the kingdom.



    And that was as good a present as ANYTHING I could have wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the pain was " LOUD"!!!! Or I should say I was quite vocal and that`s putting it mildly but like most mothers, when they put you in my arms it was worth all the "pushing and shoving" .Thankyou for being my little righthand man when Dad was away so much. Sometimes I leaned on you too much but maybe that`s why you turned out to be the best 42 year old I know. We love you so much,hope you had a great day. Luv Dad&Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday. Glad you took the day off - you're getting too old to work all the time. I am glad I actually got to send this. Kathy lives in a nice wifi neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.