Thursday, August 04, 2005

Overheard from the pallbearers in the hearse, on the way to the grave side;


"My mother-in-law paints every three months."
"In Calgary they've got no place to bury people eh!"
"Is that Dave in that ***** truck?"
"I seen the new Lincoln trucks"
"Let's get some beers and steaks!"
"My friends shot a blond black bear once..."
"I'll buy the Tim Horton's coffee if you stop..." the hearse.
"Now, the first thing you gotta do when you install a toilet is..."
"Carpenters are stupid!"
"Which is better, light or dark rye?"
"That was a beautiful casket. I'm doin my kitchen cabinets in that kind of wood."
"I don't get eggs or fish at my house."
"Who has the best Slurpees in town?"
"Hey look, the drivers yawning!!"



6 comments:

  1. Could it be you are in a funeral state of mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I seen the..." Classic Prince Albert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another long-time reader first time commenter.



    There's often lots of "lively" conversation in funeral cars. I drove for three years for one of the largest funeral homes in SK. Unfortunately, one of the oft repeated conversations was the Pastor asking the funeral director, "So if you were to die today what would you say to God to let you into His heaven?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne:



    Really?!?



    That explains a lot.

    They seem to "like" me, at least in the funeral home biz here in P.A.



    I usually ask how their family is doin, and where they are going for holidays this year.



    Can't think of more of a conversation stopper. Especially with these guys. They are around death all the time, they even hear me preach alot, so they will know more than the average person. Probably even thought more about death than the average person.



    Course I've seen their underbelly and not flinched either. One time we were driving to the graveside and it appeared the hole hadn't even been dug. The funeral director who was driving my car started and descended into a total meltdown as he franticly called the holediggers, while leading the procession around the graveyard.



    We've had a "Deeper" relationship ever since.



    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.