Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday morning,

and I look like any other Sunday worship consumer I normally preach against. :-)


Which church should I go to today?


I think I'll pick that one.


See you later.


UPDATE:


That was good.


The small worship space made the 48  people feel like the room was nearly full. The worship service itself, was simple. The congregation participated as much as the worship leader did, in song and stories and prayer.


The music was accompanied by the piano, and the songs were all older and sung out of the hymn book. We even sang some old German songs I knew which were translated into english.


The Meditation was good, reminding me of God's love for me, and my need to live out of that place of love, with a radical faith.


Beyond all that surface evaluation stuff, I met with God there, and a few friends from the city.


It was good.

1 comment:

  1. It must be valuable for a pastor to participate as a member of another congregation from time to time, and just be ministered to.

    We had a good worship time at Gateway this morning too. Steve preached a fine sermon, including Gollum and precious things.

    Have a great Week 2.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.