Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Twenty years today


The Other Side of Me


If they were to write about
The story of my life
They would have to mention you
With every page they´d write
There´s another side to every story told
If I were the ocean
You would be the shore
And one without the other one
Would be needing something more
We are the shadow and the light


Always love me
 never leave me now
now you are the other side of me
Always love me
 never leave me now
now you are the other side of me


I have known the emptiness
Of feeling out of touch
And living life without you here
Would be living half as much
Cause I´ve a need that only you can fill


If love was mathematical
You´d understand the sum
To the heart´s equation
Where one and one makes one
And lonely equals me minus you


Always love me
 never leave me now
now you are the other side of me
Always love me
 never leave me now
now you are the other side of me


(michael w. smith and wayne kirkpatrick)


Update:


We had a great day today. Went out for coffee and later on for supper. Lauralea purchased me two very old books on John Donne, a hero of mine. I tried to skip out to Shoppers Drugstore to get her a gift when I discovered she had found these two books for me...


And, we worked through our stuff. Our conclusions were that yes, sometimes I am an ass, and yes, sometimes she is hormonal.


One to grow on.


Now, on to another 20 years.

7 comments:

  1. Twenty years, I believe says you are now "an old married couple"!!! It's great to be able to "have a go" and still enjoy your special day together. And even if you were still mad at "her", after 20 years you could still go to your favorite watering hole together and sit and not say anything....that's what old married couples do....well, some anyway.



    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 years is a big one. Way to go! You and lauralea.ca are great role models for those of us who have been married for only a short time (like 18 years).

    Isn't there a big program wih a cake and speeches? Or does that wait till the 25th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, well we went to the Bison Cafe for coffee this morning, and I think Diggers is up for supper.



    Mostly just hanging out together.



    And that is a good thing, after 20 years together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!! Congratulations on your anniversary. Just think how fast the NEXT 20 will go, and then you'll be REALLY old. Just kidding. We really appreciate you two and your example and friendship.

    Oh ya, and I LOVE that Michael W. Smith song. As a teenager pining for love I would sit at the piano and sing it, wishing I had a boy... then a week or two ago I was going through my songbooks, found that Smitty one, sang that song, with Marc sitting on the couch and I got choked up. Beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you both! John Donne....romantic stuff! You two have still got it! :)



    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now in Portland - Stockamps. No time to blog but enough to wish you a belated Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...bless your heart....for the admittance....just so you know, if a woman has pms and you say "You have pms"...she will be pissed off...and if she doesnt have pms and you say "you have pms"...she will still be pissed off.....I am writing this to you this week...now that I really do have pms.....

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.