Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Grunt, grunt, grunt...

Well, I gave out a shout for a leaf blower and one did arrive, or at least I had to borrow it from a church friend.


And was it cool.


I think it should be standard operating equipment for men. You should have seen the boys eyes when I got it out of the van. Big eyes and you know what they were thinking, "Wow, what else could we do with that!!!"


So we took turns, giving the lawn a nice comb through. And blowing it at each others faces.


I think it took as long as raking it might have, but boy it was cool. And the lawn was like totally green, no leaves were left on it by this Anal Pastor Dude. That's for sure.


Lauralea announced at supper that it was just a big phallic symbol. We all laughed, even those of us who didn't know what a Phallic Symbol was.


Course it's not a Phallic Symbol. But then how would she know, she's a girl!!

9 comments:

  1. On the other hand, what isn't a phallic symbol these days? Thanks a lot, Freud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your leaf-blowing, does your neighbour now have twice as many leaves on his lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say, there WAS a northeast wind wasn't there. Ken did his by lawnmower and bagger and he thought he saw some creeping over from your area! Last count on our lawn, he said it was up to three hundred and fifty six trillion, two hundred and forty-nine billion, nine hundred and eighty-one million, eight hundred and twenty-two thousand, three hundred and twelve....and a half bagged and mulched leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil,



    na, but my compost heap sure does!





    Sharon,



    What, do you count the snoflakes too?!?





    Everybody else,



    I really though that last statement of mine would bring much more reaction than it did.



    Maybe it was ok to say...







    ReplyDelete
  5. I can make a fuss if you like...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait... I have to look up what exactly Phallic Symbol means.... Ahhhh now I get it....And I don't even want to know what went through my head when I looked up that definition on the WWW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even dare put what just went through my head up here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me think of that old and much loved hymn: "Who would true phallus see, let him come hither".

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mean you don't count snowflakes?!?! I'm looking forward to it......soon......

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.