Thursday, October 20, 2005

One of the prayers I've been carrying around this month

It went from this:



"I am passing on news that Ipe and Deepa had another baby boy last week. Baby is doing well. Deepa is not. She had a C-section. She had continuing bleeding after surgery. She is still in ICU at St. B. with very low blood pressure and on respirator as lungs are full. They have had two code blues over the weekend. Please pray for her and Ipe."


to this:



"The doctor told Ipe yesterday that the next 24 hour would be critical. Deepa's body has not been producing platelets for the past week. If her bone marrow kicks in and begins producing the platelets again that will be positive news. If not that is not good as the longer it takes the less likelihood her body will kick in. The condition is known as DIC..."


Through many up's and down's, to this:



"Exciting news!!!!!  Deepa is coming home tomorrow!!!!!  She is still going to have an oxygen tank available as she needs it, however the tube is out and she is coming home.Please continue to pray for her recovery and just for the adjustment of being at home - for Deepa as well as for Ipe.  The boys are doing well.  Ryan is a cute cuddly little boy and Ray is as happy as can be. Thanks again."


Ipe and Deepa are dear friends of ours who moved to Canada from India. They started attending the church we were in in Winnipeg.


I am so grateful to God who has enabled Deepa to walk with her guys for some time more. May she continue to recover and enjoy a long blessed life on this earth.


Thank you Father.

2 comments:

  1. That is great to hear. There is no better way to start my day than with a story of answered prayer, watching God work over time. I can only imagine the emotions and thoughts of the family and of others close to the family through the whole ordeal. How many people were touched, encouraged, strengthened and blessed? I'm sure it was a difficult road and time, but I know that a least one person (me) was encouraged in hearing this.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.