Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thanks for playing along at home

randallfriesen.com has a large number of lurkers out there, who are lovingly referred to as "The silent in the land." But this weekend some of you stepped up and really kept my cell phone buzzing. I received over 40 messages from where you all live.


It was cool.


I think Alison from Northamptonshire was the first to check in. Then came Yellowknife, and St. Pierre-Jolys, Manitoba, followed by Saskatoon, Edmonton, Kansas, Montreal, Yorkton, Ottawa, Kindersley, and Summerland BC. Later on Brad from California and Karen from East Asia checked in.


Prince Albert was well represented, but Saskatoon outdid P.A. in terms of numbers. Actually, I believe that after Saskatoon, Prince Albert and the UK were tied for calls.


I think the winner for the longest distance away must have been Phil. He checked in from Australia.


And then there was the whole, "I have to leave the phone on during the night so the kids can reach us if they need to" thing. This seemed a good plan till three in the morning when Ian from Reading, UK checked in.


I awoke in a groggy daze to look at the msg. "Ian, from Reading UK." Ah Ian, you got me good.


I smiled, rolled over and went back to sleep.

1 comment:



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.