Friday, October 07, 2005

um yes, speaking of digital. Updated.

In much to short a time frame, I will be in the Doctor's arguing the value of a digital exam.

The last time I felt this tense was when I used to go to the dentistry college to get work done on my teeth.


And I'm quite sure being tense won't help the situation at all.


Update:


Well, that wasn't so bad.


As for the "digital" it seemed my age and the returned blood tests didn't really require one so he gave me an option. Hmm, let me think a moment, let some strange man probe me, or not, ... Hmmm, I CHOOSE NOT!!!


All the tests came back ok. Cholesterol - ok, kidneys - ok, cancer - ok, ulcers - ok, blood pressure -within the safe range. etc. etc. etc.  It's all good baby.


He said if I wanted to I could loose a bit of weight around the middle, as that will get harder to loose as I age. To which I concurred. 


And he figured the heartburn was stress related. Keep taking the Rolaids when needed. Cut down on the big stress stuff.


So, all in all it's good.


I think Lauralea is relieved, and ticked. My eating habits frustrate her to no end. She, (and I) both figured my Cholesterol would be over the moon, and I'd have to start eating her special bread (Brown) and drinking her special milk (Skim).


But hey, go figure.


I should be around to torment your internet experience a while longer, -well unless I win a hundred thousand dollars and in the celebratory cheer, get run over by a little old lady...

9 comments:

  1. Come on, Randall, just ask any woman who's given birth to describe the many ways she was poked and prodded for the days she was in the hospital, and then your exam won't seem so bad.



    Or you could do as I do and see those types of situations as the perfect time to make funny/smart comments about the situation. It really lightens the mood (and is usually -- hopefully -- only a slight distraction to the doctor). But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you have to see the Dr., just think of the test the way my Dr. used to explain it, The Star Trek test, going where no man has gone before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ironic isn't it? "Digital" sounds so high-tech when that type of exam is really more "high touch."

    ReplyDelete
  4. *laughing* Way to go, Randall! You've avoided the hoop test for another year or two! Good to hear that you're healthy. And what is the big deal with brown bread??! My husband is the same way...he'll eat the "white" stuff any chance he gets...I think he's afraid that the brown stuff will give him a disease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I would rather eat whole wheat bread. Whole wheat bread > White bread any day. But you think a year or two is bad. I don't even remember the last I went to the doctor's for just a routine checkup. Yes, it has been that long. It doesn't take a doctor to point out that I need to lose weight. But anyways, good to hear that you are still alive and kicking Randall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno what the deal is with the brown bread, something about the taste...



    Now something like 6 or 9 or 12 grain bread, that's something I enjoy, but can be expensive.



    And skim milk?? That's like drinking water with a bit of milk stirred in it for colour!



    but yeah I think calling it a digital exam is just false advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding Rolaids, my understanding is that antacids kill the good acid necessary to digest food as well as the bad acid we don't want. I was told NOT to take Tums or Rolaids as they would actually make the problem worse. Take it for what it's worth.



    I've been there, too, re stress & heartburn. Lots of rest, fluids, exercise.... You've probably heard it all.



    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] This here blogging thing can sure help keep record of things, like the last time I had a physical, you know, with a Doctor and everything. Well it seems the last time was October 2005. [...]

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.