Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The stuff does pile up, doesn't it?

Coldest day of 06 and as I race out the door this morning to get to an appointment, the tire on the van is flat. After changing coats, then changing the tire, I had to change pants because they got messed up in the halfhour endeavor. By then the meeting was missed.


So I headed off to my next appointment. On the way I drop off the tire to be fixed, which they couldn't do...


na, forget it, you don't need a rundown on my whole day.


To summarize. Cold. Flat tire. Missed and late to meetings. Childrearing stresses. $100 new tire. Run home to type and print documents on only computer. Change tire, to new one. Child stress...


(...hang on, the phone just rang and a lovely Sasktel operator wants to check to see if I am happy...)


Like I was saying, till tonight. Shortness of breath, heaviness on chest, chest pain.


(..now she's taking ten minutes to tell me how I could be happier...)


...shortness of breath, heaviness on chest, chest pain. It makes me nervous, and I'm never sure what to do with that kind of stuff. The Doctor said I was doing well during my physical, so I'm not worried. really.


(-now she's trying to sell me digital tv, with parental control...)


I am on call at the hospital this week, so if I had a health emergency, they would probably call me on the cell, and I would be there to pray with and for myself !!


Yeah, stressful kind of a day I guess. Think I'll go have a hot bath, say another prayer, and call er a day.


Oh, and in the cool news front, My brother Jeff just called from Saskatoon. Looks like he's been promoted to manager of a shoe store, and has to move to Yorkton.


Yes, Yorkton. I'll miss him not being so close, but I celebrate his progress.


And Yorkton ain't sooo bad, is is?


Do they at least have highspeed?

15 comments:

  1. In fact, I believe that the couple in one of those "WE'RE GETTING 'HIGH SPEED'" commercials was from Yorkton, so he'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me prince albert has high speed.... please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highspeed What.......!



    Slugs, snow, rain....??



    oh... It must be Internet connections, slightly faster than snails then..........



    have fun & god bless

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if P.A. doesn't have internet, then I don't happen to be livin' in the finest place in all the world!















    - Sharon from P.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only does Yorkton have highspeed, but we also have Blogs. Does that mean we are a happening place? Hmmm. I can also hook him up with a good church if he needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a day!! Hang in there!! How's the chest pain? and don't you love it when "sasktel care centre" shows up on call display? They're persistent though, so it's best to just talk to them sooner rather than later...because they'll just keep calling. and calling. and did I mention calling???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yorkton's not so bad? I try and tell myself that everyday. Do you know what our "slogan: is? It's printed on all our T-shirts and coffee cups "Yorkton, where good things happen." No joke.



    Who is this Shirley person anyways? I happen to know a fabulous church that HAS to be better than hers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky Hello?!?! Working for the same team here remember?! We're all part of the same flock... Our flock just happens to have a nicer sheep pen than yours.



    Sorry Randall, didn't mean to use your web space to air out our own personal views.



    PS. We actually attend the same church. We are just a little short on entertainment here in this GREAT city of Yorkton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What church is that?



    I'll pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol. Shirley doesn't mention that her husband is the pastor so she MAY be a little biased, but it's Parkland Community Church. Tell him if he comes to introduce himself as "Randal's brother" so we know who he is...



    And yes, we are VERY short on entertainment here in Yorkton... I'm considering watching Dr. Phil today... That's how desperate I am.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the city of dorkton....where nothing happens. they should make a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Randall, Take care of yourself. And if you're having chest pain, by all means avoid stress. Oops, too late ... I see you started a political discussion on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you need a hottub.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree.

    You need a hot tub.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do so need a hottub!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.